Care for people
We work with civil engineering and building projects under an umbrella criterion of sustainability and environmental balance, knowing that the way to go is to reduce CO2 emissions when constructing buildings and when operating them afterwards.
- Infrastructure retrofitting to ensure a more society-friendly design in social buildings (such as hospitals and universities) and in transport systems (including motorways, railways, ports and airports).
- Reduction of environmental impact to a minimum, through a constant search for new, more-sustainable building materials and methods.
- Use of natural energy sources to build eco-efficient and/or zero-emissions buildings.
R&D and Innovation
Innovation has become the driving force behind change at ACCIONA. Our concept of innovation goes beyond the technological and is also looked upon in terms of operational efficiency. In this sense, one of the objectives for the upcoming years will be to redouble our efforts to incorporate innovative solutions into our business processes, with the objective of lending additional strength to the principles of sustainability and maximizing cost and resource efficiency.
- Research to extract the fuel of the future from algae.
- Replacement of concrete by compound materials involving lower atmospheric CO2 emissions.
- Design of zero-emissions buildings that are self-sufficient energy-wise.
- Support for offshore wind energy as one of the main energy sources of the future.
- Reuse of water for domestic purposes.
- Research into the use of biotech and nanotech to yield more-sustainable building processes.
- Search for new ways of storing energy, in order to design the electrical system of the future.
- Creation of three technological research centres, in Madrid, Pamplona and Barcelona, which are the three pillars of our research activity.